Thursday 11 March 2010

Um, so this is a blog?

Whatever exactly defines the quarter-life crisis, I’m having one. Or at least, this is what I decided a couple of months ago, shortly before booking my ticket to Guatemala.

The bags are now (almost) packed and I’m bracing myself for rites of passage all over the shop. Yup, after much deliberation and procrastination, I’ve decided it’s time to break free of the murky world of media and Public Relations, and breathe in the heady and reviving air of change/ self-righteousness. I believe the correct term is, ‘going to find oneself’?

Quite exactly what this trip will entail, I’m yet to find out. All I know it has to be more fun that Clapham Common tube station on a Tuesday morning, a bit more pleasant being sneered at by those faces behind the like, well safe innit, handle-bar moustaches* which currently make up almost the entirety of the Tower Hamlets borough, and marginally more life-affirming than eating a Tesco sandwich at my keyboard, flicking through a tea stained (urine stained?) copy of Metro. Mind you, the plane might crash on the way, so...

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I bloody love this city, and my friends and family here are ace, and I’m going to miss people A LOT....But, now I’ve resigned and told everyone that i’m going, it would be, um, pretty hard to change my mind. Changing my mind at this stage would, I imagine, be something akin to having a heady row with someone, slamming the door, only to reappear moments later in order to collect your bag. Not that smooth apparently.

Anyway, so I’ve set up this blog. I’m not 100 percent sure why, or even what exactly it’s for...or really what I’m supposed to write...but we’ll see how it goes, eh? I like the idea of a bit of self indulgent rambling.

K, well that’s all for now.

x


*For a particularly impressive demonstration of everything facial hair can be, however, check out the character working the till of American Apparel on Great Eastern Street, E2. In terms of engineering feats, this bloke sports an impressive example of advanced follicular design. i.e. If the Golden Gate Bridge was a moustache, this would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment