Thursday 15 July 2010

On an island in Honduras

Ok, so ain't in Guate no more...and yes, the more astute amongst you - and I use this term figuratively dear reader (probably, if we're honest, my mother) - may have noticed that my last post which was just posted said that I'd be heading east in a couple of weeks. Well, I wrote it and didn't publish it because, as continues to be reinforced, I am actually pretty diabolical when it comes to keeping a blog, i.e. weeks have past, I did go east and now i'm here.

Happy old times! I have a new computer. It's pink and awesome. I fully intend to make full use of it before it inevitably gets stolen again, therefore, expect much in the way of hilarious anecdotes and generally excellent witty banter until then.

Arrived yesterday after a fairly mammoth bus journey from Antigua, including one night in La Ceiba which is, just in case you had it on your list of places to visit, is absolutely not somewhere you want to spend any length of time. Unless you like seeing a lot of people sleeping on cardboard in the street and arguing with taxi men.

Utilla looks pretty handy...staying at a place owned by a gentleman who goes by the name of Rubi. He is probably now one of my most favouritest people ever and has the best/ weirdest accent known to humankind. Tomorrow I'm starting a PADI course, something which is potentially a pretty dreadful idea since the last and only time I have dived I didn't like it. Nevertheless, the water is delish and I can't be on this island and not don a pair of flippers and join the rest of the backpackers on their quest for a whale shark.

Having not been 'on the road' for a while, it's strange to be back amongst the travelling masses. Fun for the most part but, yeah, strange. More on that some other time...oooh, man I'm mysterious, edge of your seat stuff, huh?. This must be like reading an Enid Blyton book, but with less homo-eroticism, and minus Aunt Fanny's home-made lemonade.

Short but sweet, will keep you posted.Or endeavour to, at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment